Sunday, December 14, 2008

visual noise



Anyways, last night Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was on tv while I was eating dinner. I decided to IMDB some stuff and I found out that Tim Burton is directing/producing a new Alice in Wonderland! Although it's already a drug trip of a book/film, Burton and his crew (Johnny Depp was cast as the Mad Hatter recently) are expected to release this remake in 2010 sometime. Apparently it's going to be part action and part motion-capture animation. I CAN NOT WAIT to see what Burton conjures up.


Last night Matt and I went to the 8th Annual Polyphonic Spree Holiday Extravaganza at the Granada. As expected it was 6 whole hours of ecstatic holiday cheer. I'm a fan of their music, but an even bigger fan of their live shows (something that you can only experience to know what I'm talking about). They had a bunch of different holiday acts and then of course their holiday set and later in the evening a separate rock set. Frosty the Snowman and Santa (along with the reindeer and elves) were there to greet the crowds. It was absolutely wonderful (minus the fact that it ran until 2 am...I'm a lame old lady that needs her sleep). I think we're going to make it a yearly tradition, so if you're up for Christmas Polyphonic Spree style, you should definitely join us next year. 
the Spree!

1 comment: